Wednesday 14 May 2014

How I wore it - norm-innate?

In an attempt to replicate the neo-grunge brand of street style typically associated with the cool kids on the blogging circuit, I got sidetracked and found myself channelling Dalston-hipster-does-normcore, with a muted palette betrayed by a Japanese-style embroidered bomber jacket, a glam visor,  bold geometric sunglasses, pyramid eyes and chunky cut out sandals. At least that was the look I was going for, as wrapped up as I was in it at the time. Indeed, as far as wrapping up is concerned, I should possibly heed the Virginia Woolf quote that "Clothes have...more important offices than to merely keep us warm. They change our view of the world and the world's view of us" if I am to enter normcore's sartorial psyche. The look/ trend/ subculture/ lifestyle/ conceptual re-evaluation of humanity does revolve around a discipline I'm really not used to: caring what other people think. All doubts aside, I probably should 'rock the look' with more conviction  if I am to claim the authority on trend-setting associated with fashion bloggers. So, here it is, my darkly comfortable ode to normcore, or brand new take on it, or something!



No comments:

Post a Comment