Tuesday 14 January 2014

For Mo-saic! - How to DIY a Dolce & Gabbana Sicily mosaic bag


Dolce

DIY


You will need...



*Flocking is felt-like fluff that you can buy in pots like I did here.

Difficulty

Fairly easy

It’s fiddly in places but I’d say it was more time-consuming and painstaking than hard. It does require a lot of care and attention – and love!

Time

Like I say, you've got to be in it for the long haul with this, as I found out. I wasn’t counting but it’s 40+ hours. Think of it as a long-term investment that you can devote an hour or so an evening and watch it develop over the course of a few months – it’s definitely worth the result!

Make it mosaic

It may help to sketch out the design you’re going to do. Once you've decided, spread your glue over a small area so that it doesn't dry too quickly, apply a thick cluster of flocking with your tweezers and smooth it out so that it goes as far as possible. Use your scalpel to divide it into square shapes.

Repeat this process until all your different coloured areas are filled in.
I couldn't find gold flocking so I used gold fabric paint to cover the main areas and red paint for the handle. The latter is optional.

Use your tweezers and glue to put your diamantés in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment